Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the slain

i threw myself off a building yesterday.
crashed 25 stories down into the hard black pavement.
my ankles crushed in underneath me first, and then my legs, and then my torso, and then my arms bent upwards and to the sides.
my head cracked like a rifle in the wind, and a stream of blood gave way.
it ran down over my body, and it washed away all my faults. all my bad experiences, and all those horrible people.
it washed away your hurtful words, and your monstrous air.
my body is now clean of you.
my blood now turning cold on the pavement is profuse with you; fat-full of your essence. rich with your disgusting being.

my face now turning white and green is serene. its placid. smoothed out from the wind on the way down, all feeling was lost except for one: emptiness.
empty and discarded, i found my way up. i crawled out of the hole you dug for me... and crawled into another.

it's warm here now, as i converse with the maggots and play with the roots of daisies.
and the darkness that now creeps in and surrounds me was a lovely gift...
a lovely gift from you.

-kg

No comments: