Saturday, September 29, 2007

suffocation



i love heroes del silencio. it's in my blood. i love them so much, that last night, i almost died for them. this is no joke. ok... maybe just a little. i technically COULD HAVE died, but mostly likely just really badly injured. the crowd of people was massive, and the tightness at which people can actually be compressed and still keep breathing, was even more impressive.
my brilliant self decided it would be an awesome idea to wait until the band started playing their 1st song before attempting to move forward. so when the 1st cord struck, me and limny chugged our beers, and put our mosh elbows up and started clawing our way to the front. this would have been a perfect maneuver, had it actually worked; but it did not. endless cups of beers spilt on us, at least 5 high heels in the toes, 1 strangers hand down my pants, and a couple of elbows in the small of the back later, we were almost to the front, when it just got out of control. people started falling, and hands started clawing on the way down. i am way too short for this shit, so i start suffocating. the crowd is too huge, and the air is too humid and damp, and smelling of ass, sweat, and bad bo. my arms were being pinned to my side, and getting exhausted from pushing people away from me, and my chest was being crushed. i guess the guy behind me could tell by the look on my face that i was about to literally pass out, because he picked me up and started yelling at people to get out of the way and let me out. so somehow, god knows how, cause i'm telling you the crowd was massive and sardene-packed-like, i managed to not faint.
had i fainted, i would have fallen, and gotten trampled. i probably would have taken a couple of highheels and boots to the face, and im sure i would have been crushed like a small child under a full weight of an elephant. all in all: it would have sucked. but i did however get drenched from head to toe to underwear in all sorts of beer and margaritas, and i had a couple of scratches on my back from all the clawing.
so there's how i almost died for heroes del silencio.

i am sore, i am bruised, and i would totally do it again.

:)

oh,
and if you ever wanna break in your new chucks: wear them to an heroes del silencio concert. they'll take quite the beating. ;)

-kg

No comments: